There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for the Come Recommended blog.
First and foremost, we only review completed posts -- not headlines or concepts. Please follow the guidelines below and don't contact us separately to run an idea past us. Again, DO NOT EMAIL US TO ASK US TO REVIEW YOUR HEADLINE/CONCEPT.
- First and foremost, you must be a subject matter expert or a current/recent job seeker who is going through/recently went through the topic about which you are writing. We do not accept guest submissions from people just looking to get a link back to their site.
- Present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and unique approaches. We like to present readers with ideas that we haven’t seen elsewhere online. When drafting your post, ask yourself the question ‘so what?’ What can you offer that will make the reader think? What haven’t they thought of or tried yet? Actually read our blog to learn what we've covered in the past.
- All work must be original, provided exclusively to Come Recommended.
- Everything must be properly cited – links, images, etc. Basically, we should be able to hit publish as soon as it arrives in our inbox.
- Include a headline and a bio.
- Do not focus on one industry or field. All of our posts are general when it comes to the field the job seeker readers are in.
- Job search advice
- Job search success stories
- Career management advice
- Attracting, hiring, and retaining advice (for hiring managers, HR pros, or recruiters)
- Bold your headline
- Post length – 1,000-1,200 words
- Keywords – write with a single keyword in mind. The keyword should be included in your headline, first paragraph, and final paragraph at a minimum.
- Break up your post by using a bulleted or numbered list or subheadlines
- Links – The only promotional link you are allowed to include is within your bio (see below for more details). The body of your post itself cannot contain promotional links. If it does, we might reject your post altogether. Again, links need to be 100% relevant.